Friday, September 14, 2012

Pastel Tropics

Hey there happy stampers!  This card was inspired by a tropical scene clip art I found online. I thought the fun angle of the beach was cute in the clip art, but not so wild about it on the card. Sorry the photos are all bit washed out today. A light bulb burned out on my desk lamp and I didn't have a replacement on hand.

I used Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight card stock to make a 5 ½ by 4 ¼ inch card base. Then I created a few masks from scratch paper. I used Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® classic circles lg(the largest die template) for the background and classic circles sm (second second smallest) for the sun. I adhered the mask to the card base with re-positionable tape then sponged the sun using Memento Dandelion ink.

I removed the negative sun mask.

Then covered it with the circle I had cut out. Then I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Summer Sky.

I used my Memento Danube Blue and Grape Jelly sponge daubers, without inking them, to sponged a bit more at the top.

Then I masked the background with a sticky note and sponged Memento Tuxedo Black.

Removed the mask and stamped the palm trees, from Tropical Nature.

Stamped the seagulls, from By The Sea.

I used my N5 Copic to color the trunks of the trees.

Then used YG97 on the palm fronds.

And here is how it looked after removing the large circle mask.

I stamped the two philodendron leaves on white card stock and colored with Copics, starting with YG97.

Added YG95.

Then filled in with YG91.


I used the long, narrow die template, from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B set, for the sentiment, and popped it up with Pop Dots. I added the cut out leaves to accent.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Theresa! Thank you for the step by step tutorial!

Pitchoune said...

I love it,thanks for the step by step

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh, sublime, Theresa. Love how you used the negative space circle as a masking design.