Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Fall Revisited

Hello! Here is the last of tutorials from last week's blog hops. This one uses images from Signs of Autumn.

The pumpkins were colored with Copics, starting with YR07 along the edges and shading lines.

Then I added Y17.

Added YR04.

Filled in with YR02.

Then for a little deeper shading, I added a touch of E39 at the bottom and top around the stem. I colored the remaining pumpkins the same way, then cut out the image.

On the background, I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink, starting at the top and working my way down.

Sponged Memento New Sprout, starting at the bottom and working up.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves along the bottom.

Sponged Memento Potter's Clay along the top.

Then sponged Memento Rich Cocoa around the edges and a little heavier on the right side.


Stamped the wheat twice.

Colored with E53 and E57. I did a lousy job staying in the lines, so I wound up having to place my pumpkins a bit more centered than I intended.

I adhered the pumpkins with Pop Dots and layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and Fresh Asparagus. The DP is from the Memory Box Twilight collection and the card base is PL Pumpkin Spice.

Thanks for visiting. Hope your day is grand!

6 comments:

Patti P. said...

Theresa, this is a beautiful card and I so appreciate the time it takes to photo all your steps and letting us know your colors. Thanks so much.

Becky said...

Theresa this is gorgeous...

Steph said...

Great tutorial! Love the beautiful colours you've used and the bow is stunning!

velta said...

Hi ~ I have been subscribed to you blog for quite some time now...I should have commented when I began with my visits...I didn't and now I am...You are such a wonderful inspiration...I LOVE it when I get my subscription from you. Your tutorials are what makes me smile...because I think...maybe I can do that. Anyhoo...thanks for sharing...one of these days, I hope to make a masterpiece like yours :)

Lisa Kind said...

I love your work and your tutorials are priceless! This is another lovely card! So, so pretty!

Betty said...

LOVE IT! But then I could make fall cards all year long. Perhaps I should send out Fall cards instead of Christmas cards this year? :)
Thanks for the pumpkin tutorial. It will come in handy.