Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dad's Day

Hey there! Don't adjust your screen. I've been playing around with changing my template. I might be making some adjustments over the next few days.

I played along with a challenge of a site I just stumbled across called, Stampin' For The Weekend. There sure are a lot of challenge blogs these days. The challenge this week is to make a card for a male.

Today's card was made using Gone Fishing. I stamped the fish image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics, starting with YR02.

I added YG91 and then used YR000 to blend the first two colors.

Added YG93.

Added C1.

Added C3, then cut out the image.

For the background, I sponged Memento Summer Sky ink in a diagonal across my cardstock.

Sponged Memento Desert Sand across the top and bottom.

Then I inked up just a few trees on one of the stamps from Life Is Good and stamped in the distance.

Used YG91 and YG93 to color the far bank.

Stamped the silhouette fisherman, from Gone Fishing, in the foreground with Tuxedo Black. Then I inked up just the grass from the cattails image, with Memento London Fog and stamped around the fisherman.

Used YG93 and C1 to add some color and shadows to the grass.

Used B00 and B21 to add some depth to the water.

Sponged Memento London Fog around the edges.

I stamped the fish so the water droplets would show, then attached the cut image from earlier, using Pop Dots. Then I used my black Memento Marker and drew a fishing line from the pole to the fish. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Baby Boy Blue and used a Kraft cardbase. The sentiment was stamped on an oval, then sponged with Summer Sky. I wrapped twine around the base and tied it off under the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by. I might not get a chance to stamp this weekend. I'm going to try to get started installing our new floor for out kitchen. So if I don't see you sooner, have a great weekend and a happy Friday!

Oops, almost forgot to say, in response to a question about my last post. When I colored the sea shells, I worked pretty hard to keep the Copics off the embossing with the darker colors. I've found that they do color stain embossing powder and even dissolve it in some cases. When I got to the lighter colors, I was a bit more careless. Hope that helps. :)

14 comments:

jjcreations said...

What a fantastic masculine card!!!! Love how the fish is just flippin' off the paper from the end of that fishing rod!!!

Beth S said...

Love this card. Great 3D effect with the fish. Great tutorial. I always love coming here to see what you've been up to.

Candy said...

Wow Theresa, you are such a great artist. I just love your tutorials on stamping, and coloring. It's like being in art class everyday. My stuff never looks as good as yours, but I'm not giving up. You keep teaching and I'll keep trying. Thanks for sharing your talent and technique with us.

Julia Aston said...

Love your layered rainbow trout Theresa! what a great Father's day card!

Nana Griffin said...

You always come up with more great ideas that are so great! Love what you did with this card and I always can't wait to see how it was done. Thanks for always showing.

Judy Covey said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Theresa. Now that I have that stamp set I may have to try a scene similar (or just like) yours.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That big old fish is gonna jump right off the card, Theresa! Love the scene.

Anneleah said...

I love how you crafted the card. It's so cute. :)

doreen said...

very nice "daddy-card"!
greetz doreen

Sherri Benson said...

Love what you do with the memento inks. You have a great eye for color.

Yes, your answer to my question helped. I was struggling with the copics staining and giving the embossing a dull finish.

Thanks again.

Cathy said...

Theresa, Love your new blog theme. Love your Father's Day card too! Have a great week-end!!

crafty amy said...

Wow this is stunning your stamp sets look great and I love the way you have shown how you built the image up :D
Thanks for joining us at stampin for the weekend and good luck.

Amy xx

Anonymous said...

I had fun creating a card like this! thanks for sharing!
Pam Going Postal

Anne Temple said...

Amazing card. I love how it all came together and you coloring is fantastic!