Wednesday, July 24, 2013

 Hello! I have another Up and Away card, but this one doesn't have a hot air balloon in it. I was in the mood for something in autumn colors and I used the two trees in the set to create this scene.

 First I trimmed Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock to 2 3/4 by 4 1/4 inches, then I used a corner rounder on the corners. Next I sponged Gina K Fresh Asparagus ink.

 Then sponged Gina K Honey Mustard ink.

 I stamped the wavy grass (from Up and Away) using Gina K Fresh Asparagus, but I stamped off first to make the image lighter.

 I stamped both trees using Memento Espresso Truffle.

 Then began coloring the trunks using E27 Copic marker.

 Filled in the trunks using E31.

 Then I used YG91 and YG93 at the base of the trunks and spreading outward to create a shadow.

 For the foliage, I began with E35.

 Then added YR14.

 Added Y21. By this color I was mostly using a stippling motion to lay down a multitude of dots with my color.

Then adde YG93, again mainly by coloring by placing a bunch of dots, so a more textured look. I added some extra shading by adding E15.

I then stamped the wavy grass a bit more, using Gina K Fresh Asparagus ink, but this time I didn't stamp off, so the grass looks to be more in the foreground. I used Spellbinders® Labels Twenty-nine to cut Pure Luxury Dark Chocolate, to layer and used a Honey Mustard card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches). The sentiment is stamped directly on the card base, using Memento Espresso Truffle.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful. Those trees are fun to color for any season.