Friday, February 22, 2013

Orange Calla Lilies Tutorial

Happy Friday! I decided to pull out Elegant Flowers  for a little inspiration. I've never colored orange calla lilies before, so I decided it was time.

I started by cutting Pure Luxury Ivory card stock using Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® A2 Matting Basics. I stamped a branch twice with VersaMark, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Next I sponged Memento New Sprout ink to create an embossed resist look.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.  I left the card stock in the die template while sponging to create a frame around the background.

On a pice of white card stock, I stamped the lily with Memento Espresso Truffle. Then I began coloring with Y17 Copic.

Filled in with Y21.

Added YR04.

Added YR07.

Added E19.

For the stem, I used YG25.

Next, I added some shading with YG95. After coloring, I fussy cut the image, then colored and cut out a second calla lily.

Using some gorgeous wrinkled edge sheer ribbon, from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, I tied a bow around the flowers.

I adhered the flowers and layers using Pop Dots, then added some Zva bling to embellish. The card base is Pure Luxury Ivory Base Weight and 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches. I embossed a frame using a larger die template from the A2 Matting Basics A set.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope your weekend rocks!


9 comments:

Rachael said...

Lovely. I adore your sponging techniques!

MariaR said...

Beautiful as always. BTW the color was YG25, I used a magnifying glass:)

Pitchoune said...

I love it! bye from France

Dianne said...

Beautiful such wonderful coloring and you so sweet to always show us how, have a great weekend...

Jamie Martin said...

The orange flowers turned out beautifully, now I'm ready for spring :)

Rosy Newlun said...

Love your color choices, Theresa. The background is so elegant, the bow is a wow - and the bling is a gorgeous way to show it all off <3!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

When reading calla lily, I had to comment! Just lovely! 3D and a wildly frothy bow accented in bling! well placed dry embossing! Keep Looking UP! mt23stamper

itsablingfling said...

Oh Theresa, I liked your use of the "Lots of Dots" die on your first card. I thought it was pretty creative.....but....then....I saw the Woodsy Pink Sunset. Oh my Gosh! How wonderful was that! But then, I continued to scroll down and saw your Northwoods Card with its' trees reflecting in the water, I gasped in awe! This looks like it should be hanging in an art gallery, not on the front of a card. These are absolutely stunning. You have such talent!!!