Thursday, June 7, 2012

Life's A Beach Tutorial

Hi there. Here is one of the tutorials I promised from the GKD release samples I made. I still have several others to do, so I'll be working through those for my next several posts. This card was made with the new free with three set, Life's A Beach.

I began by stamping the sandcastle with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics, starting with W3.

I added shading with W5.

For the little shells, I filled in with Y21 and then added E95 to shade.

I filled in the area in the doorway and the foreground with E31 and then deepened the shading with E33.

Added N5 in the doorway, then I think I added some E35. I missed that photo, but I didn't like that look.

So I covered it up with N3. That was better.

Next, I used BG10 around the sand castle.

Added BG02.

Then added BG05.

I used Pure Luxury Soft Sand for my card base. I think Soft Sand is retired, but there is a wonderful replacement color, called Sandy Beach. I need to order some of that! But for now, I just used a piece of the Soft Sand from my stash. After scoring the fold with my Scor-Buddy, I lined up the largest of my Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Rectangles on the inside front and held it in place with painters tape.

Then I ran it through my Spellbinders Grand Calibur® to emboss.

I layered the image panel with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Ocean Mist, then adhered. The sentiment was stamped on white and then cut out. I adhered that with Pop Dots. The finished card size is 5 ½ by 4 ¼ inches. 


Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back with another tutorial soon. Have a great day! 






4 comments:

Nancy Jensen said...

Awesome tutorial. I never would have thought to use those colors for the sky but I really like how it turned out. The whole card is awesome.

Anonymous said...

How exactly do you emboss without cutting using the spellbinders die? It looks great! Thanks Susan

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

great idea for creating an embossed boarder!! I love this little fish scene. I received my set yesterday!! Thanks for sharing Theresa!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute card! I love how you embossed around the image, too! As always, thank you so much for the tutorial...it is so helpful!!!