Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy Squirrel

Hello. Today I have another card using images from Heartfelt (Gina K Designs).

I used Copics to color starting with N5. 

Added N3.




Then filled in most of the rest with N1. 

I used W1 on the belly and a few highlights on the tail. 


For the background I sponged Memento Summer Sky. 



Then sponged Memento Dessert Sand on the bottom. 

Sponged lightly with Memento Rich Cocoa along the bottom. 

 Then sponged lightly with Memento Paris Dusk along the top.



I stamped the fence with Memento Tuxedo Black. 



Then started coloring with E49. 

 Added E59.



Added E57. 



Filled in most o the rest with E55 and used my blender pen to soften the transition to the highlights. 

 I stamped the wheat image several times with Memento Rich Cocoa.



 I cut out the squirrel and adhered it with Pop Dots, then stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.



The card base is  5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inches Pure Luxury Kraft and the background panel is 4 1/2 by 3 1/4 inches. I layered with Pure Luxury Baby Boy Blue and Chocolate Brown and added piercing to the corners.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a happy day.

6 comments:

DebraM said...

What a fantastic card..love the colors you used. Makes me realize that our summer is coming to an end and it is time to start on my Fall cards.

Kay S said...

As always a gorgeous card! Love that little squirrel and the whole Heartfelt set. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Patti J said...

Theresa, this is a wonderful fall card! Such beautiful coloring and sponging! Thanks for sharing your details with us! Someday, I'm going to attempt to do what you do...someday! I would love to know about your sponges - do you have a sponge for each color of ink that you work with, or color families, and how do you store your sponges? Just curious! Thanks!!!

Cheri said...

Great card, Theresa- love the back ground you created for that cute squirrel. He found his way into my heart the second I got your set. (it was such fun to help you release it - thanks so much for asking me)

Melanie said...

always love brown with blue, think I want these pads now, TFS! hugs!

Donna said...

Theresa, love your fall card, personally I can't wait for fall and the cooler weather.

ON the sadder side, I am so sorry to read about your loss of the your beloved Pebbles, you sound like me, as my dog is like my child, she is there for me for every and anything, goes everywhere with me, as I am disabled, she is my CONSTANT companion, and like you say, it takes time, she looks adorable in that picture. She looks like she had a great temperament, I was a dog groomer for 30 years, and groomed a many dog like her. And also saw a many pet come and go, loss is never easy. Maybe some day you will have another to keep you company. In the last 5 years I had to say goodbye to 6 beloved pets, had 4 Rhodesian Ridgebacks,a springer spaniel and two cats, all of old age thank goodness, but it was so hard with so many in a short time span, and I swore that was it no more, but after having a chaotic house for many years and then QUIET, I got too lonely after 8 months of quiet, so it was off to the breeders and finally found my current Ridgeback, Mirage, and again she is my BUDDY. I did have one Ridgeback that was my soul mate and don't think that I will ever have another dog like her, but I will always have room in my heart for my four legged friends! I just wish they could live as long as our spouses!! With no health issues :)!!And in that time frame I also lost my Mother and step father, so was a rough few years, but Mirage has helped a great deal. Amazing what a simple kiss from a doggie friend can do!!

Well Theresa, I wish you and your family the best, loss is never easy. Will say a prayer for her asjI am sure she now is romping at the Rainbow Bridge with all her friends!!
Take care,
Hugs
Donna