Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Snowy Egret

Hello! I used Follow Your Dreams on my card today. I used the heron image again, but this time I colored it like an egret.

First, I stamped the cattails twice.

I used my YG05 Copic marker on the foliage and E35 on the cattails.

I used G05 to deepen the shading a bit.

I used circle Nestabilities to cut a circle in a sticky note and used it as a mask. I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink in the circle.

Then sponged Memento Tangelo.

I removed the first mask, then used the circle I had cut out to cover my sponged sun. I sponged Memento Summer Sky around the circle.

Then I masked the top with another sticky note and sponged Memento Bahama Blue.

I removed the mask and sponged lightly with Memento Danube Blue.

To color the egret, I started with C3.

Then added C1. For the legs, I used Y21 and for the beak I used YR12.

I cut out the egret and adhered it to my background. I had originally used the Spellbinders die when sponging to create a white border on the background, but I decided I wanted a black border instead, so I trimmed the white away, then layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and then white. The card base is Pure Luxury Moonlit Fog. I trimmed around the sentiment and adhered it with Pop Dots.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Another gorgeous creation Theresa..I have to get this set, I just love it. :)

Nana Griffin said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

Just wonderful. I really need to learn your sponging technique.

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful, beautiful work. Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial.

Auntie Em said...

So beautiful and serene! Love the design and great tutorial.
Thank you for sharing! :)