Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hugs & Kisses

Hey there. I have another VSN mini project to share. This challenge was to use entwined images, so my first thought was to grab these cuddly koalas from Melanie's Cuddles and Hugs stamp set.

I stamped the koalas with Memento Tuxedo Black in and colored with Copic markers, starting with N7 where I wanted the deepest shading.

Added N5.

Added N3.

Then I filled in with N1.

I used my blender pen to push in some highlights.

Used N3 and N5 to make some lines for fur. I kept adding lines, then blending them in, and adding more to give it depth. After coloring, I cut out the image.

For the background, I cut an oval from Pure Luxury Sweet Corn card stock, using my Oval Nestabilities. I used a 1 1/4 inch circle, adhered with re-positionable tape, to mask for the sun. Then I sponged Memento Tangelo.

Removed the mask and stamped the leafy branch, from Hope Grows, using Memento Bamboo Leaves.

I layered with Pure Luxury Tan Leather and used a Sweet Corn card base. The sentiment is from Hope Grows.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Great timing for the Koalas. January 26 is Australia Day.

Deebi27 said...

This is so trademark Therese! I think Koalas are such a beautiful animals...at least your's might be touchable! Thank you so much for all the tutorials...they are forever my fav of this blog. So perfect for those learning...including me!

Juanita B said...

WOW, your coloring is spectacular!! I LOVE the colors and design. TFS.