Monday, December 20, 2010

Hershey Bar Snowman

 Happy Monday. Just five more days until Christmas. Are you ready? I saw these cut little snowmen wrappers in the gallery at SCS and decided to try my hand at them, using some stamps I have at hand. I used the snowman face from Hip To Be Square, the little button from Fun Year Round and the little heart from Tech Talk. This project uses a quarter sheet of cardstock, for a regular size Hershey with Almonds bar, so it is a really great size to cut quickly with no scraps.

To start, I cut a piece of Gina K Pure Luxury White card stock to 4.25 by 5.5 inches (one quarter sheet of an 8.5 by 11 sheet). I stamped the snowman mouth/eyes, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped it in the center, horizontally, and about 1.5 inches below the top. I used a light pencil mark to help stamp in the correct position. Then I stamped the nose, using Memento Tangelo.  
 After stamping, I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the eyes and mouth. Then I used my YR07 to shade the nose and E00 to add rosy cheeks.

Stamped the buttons, using Memento Tuxedo Black, about an inch down from the nose. 

Then I added the heart, just to the right of the top button, using Memento Lady Bug. 

I turned the cardstock over, so the image was facing my work surface, then added Scor-tape along one side. I positioned the Hershey with Almonds bar in the center and removed the backing for the tape. 

I folded the sides over and adhered. 

I found an old scrap of flannel about 4 by 5.5 inches to use for the hat. I used Scor-tape along the bottom edge. 

Removed the tape backing and rolled the edge over to adhere, so that I would have a finished edge for the bottom of the hat. Then I added another piece of Scor-tape over the hem, so I could adhere it to the snowman. 

I placed the fabric on the snowman, Scor-tape down, to adhere. 

Turned it over and adhered the sides, using more Scor-tape. 

I gathered the top above the candy bar and used some jute twine to tie it off. Then I added the button, adhered with more Scor-tape.

Using a narrow strip of another scrap, about 10 inches long, I used Scor-tape to roll the edges. You could use the raw edges for a more rustic look. 

I knotted the strip of fabric about his neck as a scarf and then snipped the ends. I also snipped the top of the hat.

I saw these done with Lifesavers, too, and the hats were made with using cut off tips of knit mittens.How fun is that!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful start to your week!

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

These are so adorable!!!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is the cutest idea I have seen all season, T.! Hubby just saw this and told me to stay away from his shirt closet, LOL! Gotta find me some flannel, thanks!

Sharri said...

Theresa, this is adorable!!!

Tammie Edgerton said...

OMGosh...this is so CUTE!

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are so creative and the most adorable thing I've seen in a while. Awesome way to wrap up some chocolate love.

Merry Christmas!

Shirley said...

LOL...so cute!!

Becky said...

Girl this is just too cute. :)

Selma said...

This is the cutest Hershey bar I have ever seen Theresa.

Christine said...

So adorable. I especially love the flannel cap.

jean wilson said...

Theresa this is soooo cute! I just love it! Thanks for sharing it with us. Just mailed our pkg to Anderson Ca. today...we'll miss our son & family as they are still there. Thanks agian for meeting me when I was out there. It was one of the highlights of my year! Merry Christmas to you & your family.

Cathy said...

Hey Theresa, this is absolutely adorable, love it. Just wanted to stop by to say Merry Christmas GF. Wishing you and your family all the best in the new year!!!

Elaine said...

Fun idea! This is so cute! What a great way to use fabric scraps!

Anonymous said...

That is a darling candy wrapper. TFS. pcCrafter gals have been doing up similar things using the free (personal use) Snowman wrapper by Laurie Furnell for past couple years
http://lauriefurnell.blogspot.com/p/freebies.html

Criminal Lawyers QLD said...

It is a nice art of Hershey Bar Snowman. I am really impressed by your work. It is a good idea of Christmas.