Saturday, October 9, 2010

Funny Farm Revisited

Happy Weekend! Here are the step by step photos for the Funny Farm card I shared on my blog last week. This was a really fun card to make.

First, I stamped the three animals using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I filled in the cow's spots with Copic marker N7.

Used E00 to shade the cow's body and R22 on the udders.

Y17 and R22 on the flower. N3 and C3 on the horns and bell.

YR000 and N1 on the sheep's body.

R20 on the face. G05 and R05 on the flower.

Started with R20 on the pig.

Added RV23.

Deepened the shading a little more with RV25.

Then I stamped the images on scratch paper and cut them out to use as masks before sponging. I adhered the masks on the colored images, using re-positionable tape.

Using more scratch paper, I cut a curve and placed it over my background, then sponged Memento New Sprout ink.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Cut a new curve, repositioned the mask and sponged Memento New Sprout and Bamboo leaves again.

Cut another curve, repositioned the mask and sponged the same colors again.

Then I cut a mask to cover the green and sponged Memento Summer Sky.

Here is what I have after removing all the masks. You can see I have some white spots where my masks didn't fit perfectly over the animals.

I used Copics to touch up the white spots and add some shading under the animals.

Stamped the sentiment, then layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The card base is Pure Luxury Creme De Menthe.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Patti J said...

It's like magic watching your tutorials go step by step! I know that this takes a lot of your time, and just want to thank you again, for showing us how you make your beautiful creations! Now that I have some Copics, maybe I can start following along! Wonderful card, my friend!

Sue said...

Hi Theresa
aww fabulous card, luv the images, so cute as ever awesome colouring, luv to see it come to life, sue,x

HappyCrafter said...

so fun, this is just great!

Becky said...

I love it!! :)

Joan V said...

Theresa, thank you for the instructions on your card. I just love this card.

Judy Rozema said...

What a great tutorial! An adorable card!