Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thoughtful Cattails


Hiya, stampers! I have another quickie card today, similar to the one I did the other day. This one isn't a single layer card, though. That band of dark blue is a narrow strip of In the Navy Pure Luxury cardstock, so technically it's a two layer card. Before I get to the details of my card, I have some exciting Gina K news to share...

It's time for another CSS Blog hop!

Several members of the CenterStage Spotlight Alumni team have gathered some of their favorite BBQ Picnic recipes together for us to make another cookbook! The cookbook will be available for FREE over on the StampTV Freebie page for you to download and print at your leisure.

But, since we are paper crafters - we challenged them even further to make a project with their recipe in mind to share with us tonight on their blogs! (The projects are also included in photos on the recipe booklet as well.)

Please check out the links of all the participating designers and then download the Recipe booklet and let us know how you like them!


And now a bit about my card...

I started by making my cardbase from Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, then created a mask from copy paper by cutting a rectangle, with my Nestabilities, and using repositionable tape.

I placed the mask on my cardbase and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Tangelo ink. Then sponged Memento Potter's Clay (sorry, forgot to snap that photo).

Then I removed most of the mask, cutting off at the bottom. I left that part in place so I could stamp the cattails, from Life is Good, with Stazon Black.

I stamped the sentiment, from Inspiration Mosaic, offset to the left to provide balance. I thought it still needed a bit more weight on that side, so I added that little narrow band of blue, stopping just short of the right side, so the card would be a bit more balanced.

The previews for the new Gina K Designs release start Sunday night. I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to make anything new between now and then. We're busy tearing down and wall and building a new one for the kitchen and I'm trying to squeeze in stamping time for the new release wherever I can.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Becky said...

I love this technique and I just love this card. I must copy this :)

Betty Benton said...

How about that second layer! Now that's what I'd call being frugal with the cardstock!! Love the cattails!

Glenda said...

I love the cattails! Your use of color is outstanding as usual! Beautiful Card!!!

Mary Ann T said...

Love this card, it's one of those "I can do this" ones. Simple yet so expressive. Thanks as always for sharing...

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it.....need to make several to have "on hand" for unexpected needs...TFS

Lori said...

Love it! A very beautiful, clean card.

Deb Neerman said...

OMIGOSH, I almost stopped breathing when I saw this! I am in love with this card, Theresa! It's fabulous ... no, it's beyond fabulous ... its ... beyondulous!!

My new-favorite-Theresa-card!!

Have a great weekend, Sweetie, and thanks for sharing this stunning creation.

Emily said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I love the shading and blending you do. Thank you for the great tutorials you did for each design. You have really inspired me!
Thank-you so much for sharing! :o)

Melanie said...

this design is awesome!! thanks for reminding me of this great technique!