Friday, April 30, 2010

Pink Baby Bear

This is a card I made for one of the VSN challenges last weekend, to make a monochromatic baby card.

I stamped the bear, from Oh, Baby! (Gina K Designs) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copics. I started with RV23.

Added some shading with RV29.

Started coloring the main part of the bear with R22.

Filled in with R20, leaving some white highlights, which I smoothed out with my blender pen. After coloring, I cut out the bear.

For the background, I stamped the lace doily, from Nana's Needlework (Gina K Designs), with Versa Mark, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Then I sponged with Memento Angel Pink ink.

Sponged with Memento Rose Bud ink.

I layered with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink cardstock and used an Innocent Pink cardbase. The dotted layer made by sponging a piece of Pure Luxury White cardstock with Memento Angel Pink, then running through my Cuttlebug with my Swiss Dots folder, then sponging again.

This was the view at my house on Monday morning. We are fully into the kitchen remodel now. If there is a world record for dust accumulation, I think I could be a contender. Today we are finishing up all the drywall work and texturing and hope to start hanging cabinets tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch for the visit. I hope your day is fanstampalicious! (whew! that's three words in one - gonna have to remember that one)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This card is GORGEOUS!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- This card is gorgeous! We have Kraftmaid cabinets and are very pleased with them. Good luck with all the drywall dust. We went through some of that about a year ago, and for 6 months, we still were having to dust way more often than usual.

Lori said...

Beautiful!!! The white heat embossed doily with the sponged pink is fantastic. Yea, a new kitchen soon!

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous embossed doily!! Wonderful card.

Patti J said...

That doily makes a gorgeous background stamp! What a pretty, soft, baby card. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see pics of the new kitchen! Good luck!

Christine said...

Absolutely fantablious.....;-)

Chelsea said...

soooo pretty .... love the lace idea!

Nana Griffin said...

Great card!

Allison Rankin said...

Simply fab paper choices! What a sweet image!

Patti P. said...

Love this baby card...

Simply Scraps said...

Such A cute Card!!!