Monday, December 28, 2009

Guest Designer - Jenny Charboneau


Hello! Today I am featuring the second of my two Life if Good guest designers, Jenny Charboneau (aka Miss Boo on SCS). You can see last week's feature of my mom here. I've admired Miss Boo for a long time for her wonderful design style, the contribution she makes to the stamping community by hosting the CAS challenge at SCS and the wonderful encouragement she gives to other stampers.

Jen showed me several cards to choose from to feature on my blog today, all beautiful, and this one in particular really caught my eye, because it is a clean and simple card that looks like it took a long time to make. I love cards that can be put together quickly, but pack a lot of punch. I also love the layout on this card, with the square and circle elements, especially how the extra large button actually acts as an additional layer! Isn't that clever!!

I asked Jen a few questions to get to know her better...

How long have you been stamping and how did you get started?
I've been stamping for 6 years, but it wasn't until I discovered Splitcoast, 4 1/2 years ago, that I became addicted to it. It all started when I began a new job and a co-worker found out that I was a scrapbooker. She invited me to a monthly stamping club. I was only going for the alphabet stamps so I could save money on stickers for titles. LOL! Whoa... has my scrapbooking changed since then! And it turned out that making cards wasn't so silly after all! LOL!

What are your favorite kinds of projects/techniques?
My motto has become: "CAS. Embellished. It's all good!" My favorite techniques are ones that don't require special tools. My favorite technique is to punch out a circle or square to get just a portion of a stamped image. Using circle and curves in general has been a fun and favorite thing to do recently. I mostly make cards. My scrapbooks have been getting lonely... which reminds me that I have to get to work. Mom and Dad will be expecting an updated scrapbook of my son by the end of the holiday season. (They get updates twice a year... and they remind me! LOL!) I just discovered making Christmas ornaments is great fun and I love to alter items that can be "used at school" such as clipboards and notebooks.


Do you enjoy challenges and, if so, what are your favorites and why?
Do you enjoy challenges? ROFL! I was a member of SCS only 2 months when I started guest hostessing the Limited Supply Challenge and eventually became the full-time hostess a few months later. I was the hostess for almost 3 years when I had to take a short break from the paper crafting world for personal family reasons. During my time as the Limited Supply challenge hostess, I invented the Featured Stamper challenge and got it up and running before I found a full-time hostess. I currently hostess 2 challenges; the Clean & Simple Challenge (CAS) on Splitcoast and the Color Monday challenge on Christian Paper Crafts. I love all kinds of challenges and play as often as time permits. People who know me best on crafting sites know when school is out for the summer because I go crazy with challenges for about a week before settling down to a normal pace. LOL! You can find a list of weekly challenges linked on my blog that I have discovered on the web. I know I am missing many as the challenge world grows and I need to update it!

What inspires you in your crafting?
What inspires me in my crafting? That answer would have to be other stampers. I love to cruise galleries and leave comments. I have a feature on my blog where I list my favorite cards and projects that I found during the day. If I miss a day, I have been busier than usual. I really don't like it when that happens because I'm sure I missed something awesome! (Thank you, Jen!)


For more inspiration, be sure to stop by Jen's blog to see what else she has to share, then pop in and say "hi" to my other guest designer, my mom, Geri.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

5 comments:

redwasher1 said...

WOW! This is just a perfect card! Love it.

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Thank you so much for inviting me to be a guest designer! It has been so much fun... it "packed a punch" to end the year :)I look forward to using your sets in the future.

Lori said...

Wonderful card! Another great guest designer choice!

Marsha said...

Love this card !

Tina said...

That is a gorgeous card!!! Jen... I LOVE your blog idea of featuring your favorite cards of the day. I may have to steal that!! Wish I had seen this card before I did my first train card... it was an emotional one for me but I managed to get thru the first so I hope my others are better... you definitley inspired me with this!